MediaWiki API help
This is an auto-generated MediaWiki API documentation page.
Documentation and examples: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/API:Main_page
- This module requires read rights.
- Source: MediaWiki
- License: GPL-2.0-or-later
Get information about the current user.
Which pieces of information to include:
- Tags if the current user is blocked, by whom, and for what reason.
- Adds a tag messages if the current user has pending messages.
- Lists all the groups the current user belongs to.
- Lists groups that the current user has been explicitly assigned to, including the expiry date of each group membership.
- Lists all the groups the current user is automatically a member of.
- Lists all the rights the current user has.
- Lists the groups the current user can add to and remove from.
- Lists all preferences the current user has set.
- Adds the current user's edit count.
- Lists all rate limits applying to the current user.
- Lists all rate limits that would apply to the current user if they were not exempt from all ratelimits based on user rights or ip
- Adds the user's email address and email authentication date.
- Adds the user's real name.
- Echoes the
Accept-Languageheader sent by the client in a structured format.
- Adds the user's registration date.
- Adds the count of unread pages on the user's watchlist (maximum 999; returns 1000+ if more).
- Adds the central IDs and attachment status for the user.
- Adds the date of user's latest contribution.
- Values (separate with | or alternative): acceptlang, blockinfo, centralids, changeablegroups, editcount, email, groupmemberships, groups, hasmsg, implicitgroups, latestcontrib, options, ratelimits, realname, registrationdate, rights, theoreticalratelimits, unreadcount
- To specify all values, use *.
With uiprop=centralids, indicate whether the user is attached with the wiki identified by this ID.
- Get information about the current user.
- api.php?action=query&meta=userinfo [open in sandbox]
- Get additional information about the current user.
- api.php?action=query&meta=userinfo&uiprop=blockinfo|groups|rights|hasmsg [open in sandbox]