Difference between revisions of "Elementary Astronomy"
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
*[http://prancer.physics.louisville.edu/astrowiki/index.php/Comets, Asteroids, Meteors and Meteorites]
Revision as of 03:19, 24 July 2014
These topics in Elementary Astronomy are selected from our on-line Elementary Astronomy class. They are provided here for those who may want to learn astronomy and do not need the interactivity, exams, and credit offered by the on-line class. The content is frequently updated, but may lag that in the class. If you are an enrolled student, please use the class website.
Click a topic to follow the link.
- Vacation Week
- Things Beyond our Understanding - Dark Matter and Dark Energy
- Interview with Brian Greene about Fabric of the Cosmos
- Watch part of Fabric of the Cosmos on PBS and NOVA on line
- Interview with Nobel Laureate Saul Perlmutter discussing supernovae
- Recommended Lecture: Lawrence M. Krauss - A Universe from Nothing
- The Story of the Universe
- Lawrence Krauss's new book, The Universe from Nothing discusses the forefront of physics and astronomy (see link to an earlier lecture)
- Delightful reading about A Short History of Nearly Everything, a book by Bill Bryson
Students enrolled in distance education sections should use this site.